Saturday, December 8, 2012

A letter to my children

My dearest children,

My wish for you is that you will love each other this way always.



Even amidst fights over toys and the ever constant battle of sharing and taking turns during childhood,

after the teasing of adolescence,



arguments about who's the favorite or who gets treated unfairly, 
and the teenage battles over phones and cars and who spends too much time in the bathroom...

I hope you remember how you loved to cuddle with each other and make each other laugh. How you would hug first thing in the morning. How Brennan would follow his big sister around and try to copy everything she did because he wanted so much to be just like her. And how Kaelyn would take care of her baby brother and try to protect him around other bigger kids.

I hope you will love each other like this always.

Please don't ever forget to treat each other kindly, to celebrate the uniqueness of each other or to just give each other hug even if you are mad at the other for not sharing a toy, or the phone, or the bathroom.

In the words of Kaelyn, "I love you, I love you, I always love you!"

Love,
Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment