Friday, October 7, 2011

Home sweet home

Here I start with the excuses already.  I really did mean to update the blog while we were in Wisconsin, but I blame my parents computer (sorry guys, it really is time to update).  I even got as far as uploading pictures but it took so long by the time they were done the kids were awake and I lost my window of opportunity.  And then, on our last night there poor B came down with his first ear infection, so we have been dealing with sleepless nights since we got back, and this mama had no brain power left to write an intelligible word.  Ok, enough with the excuses.  Here are some of the highlights from the past week.  I'll try to be succinct.

 Oh, Kaelyn.  My little dancing queen (or should I say princess).  Here she is at my cousin's wedding.  We literally had to drag her off the dance floor kicking and screaming when it was time for the grand march.
 She did pick up some of the moves for the chicken dance, but her definition of dancing mostly involved running in a big circle around everyone else who was dancing.  I really wish I had the video camera.  Still photos just don't do it justice, especially with my limited photography skills.  She refused to dance with me or anyone else in our family.  But she happily joined hands with a little girl we didn't know and then two adults we didn't know.  She finally fell asleep in my lap around 9:30 and then woke up and started crying when we left because she wanted to keep dancing.
 And here's little B checking his handsome self out in the mirror before the reception when he should have been napping.

 And here she is the next morning with some of the treasures she accumulated at the wedding.  Yes, she is still in her party dress.  She wore it to bed and all the next day.  I don't know why I even bothered bringing pajamas for her because she also slept in her tutu and jersey at least one night.

We also got to visit Uncle Joey at the fire station while we were there.
 By the look on his face I don't think firefighting is in B's future.

Kaelyn was a little timid at first but really warmed up to the big trucks by the end.  Here I was actually a little afraid when she started poking around at the buttons.  If she had hit the wrong button we would have been out of there in a flash.


The weather was beautiful while we were there and we got to spend a lot of time outside.  The kids enjoyed seeing their cousin Tate play football.

Brennan even tried crawling out on the field at one point to join Tate.  Keep growing at the rate you're growing buddy and you'll dominate on that field in a couple years.

No comments:

Post a Comment