Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween fun

In case you didn't know, Matt and I don't really get into Halloween that much.  But we know it's a fun holiday for kids and we made sure our kids had some Halloween treats this year.

We picked out pumpkins for each of the kids from the makeshift pumpkin patch at the Wishing Well Motel across the street.  Yes people, every year they bring in probably hundreds of pumpkins and mums to sell on the front lawn of the dilapidated motel outside our subdivision.  I don't understand it, but every year we've lived here that is where we've bought our pumpkins.  I guess you could say we like to support our local businesses.
Naturally, Kaelyn had to wear her Rapunzel costume to pick out pumpkins.  I mean, why wouldn't she?


This is the closest I could get to them both looking and smiling at the camera at the same time.
We brought them home and helped Kaelyn carve hers into a jack-o-lantern.  She was very excited about the whole process and loved touching the slimy yucky insides and seeds.

The girl has an amazing memory.  She remembered kissing the pumpkin when we carved them last year.  So of course she had to kiss the jack-o-lantern again this year.  I think it's become her Halloween tradition.

Pretty sure it was the only night we ever actually lit our jack-o-lantern but I had to get the obligatory picture of them with it all lit up on the front step (even though it was still light out and you can't actually tell there's a candle inside).

Kaelyn and I also had a blast at her classroom Halloween party.  I was a little reluctant volunteering to help but was very excited to see her and her new school friends in action.
I tried to get my creativity on, but in reality I ended up stealing this cute idea for a snack from another blog.




Oh, did I forget to mention that Kaelyn was Rapunzel for Halloween, oh wait, I mean she was Rapunzel like every day in October?  Oh yeah, and they really nailed the name for that movie.  It would be a real shame if her "long hair" accidentally got left somewhere and was never ever to be seen again.

"The Princess and the B"


Kaelyn was a bit of a dawdler while trick-or-treating last night and had to constantly be reminded to keep up, but I think it was just because she was having so much fun looking at everything and stomping in the leaves. And to be fair, the long hair may have been weighing her down a little and possibly obstructing her vision.  Hey, when you're not used to having any hair, suddenly having three feet of it can cause a girl problems.  We went with her best bud Hudson, who happens to live in the same neighborhood as her favorite babysitter who gave her some extra special treats of course. 


She was a little shy when she went up to the doors, but luckily Hudson was there to take the lead.  Part of me is glad she's still a little wary of strangers, but part of me wishes she were more outgoing.  But she had such a great time and she's freaking adorable no matter what.

Happy Halloween everyone!

1 comment:

  1. She was just playing into her role as a demure damsel in distress.

    ReplyDelete