Saturday, March 17, 2012

Luck of the Irish

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

I have no Irish in my background. But Matt sure does (have you seen his hair?). And having gone to Notre Dame I really appreciate the Irish heritage. And I think St. Patrick's Day is a fun holiday to celebrate.  Definitely for the over 21 crowd, but it can be lots of fun for kids too.  I mean, what's not for them to like - little funny men in hats, rainbows with pots of gold, fun music and lots of green treats. So I enjoyed trying to make the day a little special for the kids.


One of the crafts we did last week. I think the gold glitter was her favorite part.

We started our day with green milk, green eggs, Irish soda bread and sausage.  Those Leprechauns sure are sneaky, turning our food green.  We listened to lots of Irish music and I tried to teach Kaelyn to jig.  I should have had a video of it.

Our Good Luck Charmer.




I tried to make Corned Beef and Hash for dinner.  It was edible but we ended up giving the kids last night's leftovers.  But they got to enjoy some special St. Patrick's Day mint chocolate chip cookies that Kaelyn and I made.  Brennan couldn't get enough.


And Kaelyn enjoyed her green beads. Big surprise.

Wishing everyone the luck of the Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment