Saturday, March 16, 2013

Boo-boo lip

Don't you think it's funny how kids just seem to innately know how to manipulate our hearts? Brennan has developed the cutest boo-boo lip when he doesn't get his way and has been flashing that thing all around lately. It makes me want to eat his face. Not really. But I might accidentally squeeze him too hard and make him cry more.

Even when his crying and pouting is totally off the reservation and I'm just about ready to scream, one look at that lip and I'm a goner. How do they know how to do that? Is it some sort of learned survival trait so parents don't abandon their kids when things start to get ugly?

Climbing like a gecko at The Children's Museum

He also started upping the ante on his pouting cuteness the other day. He woke up a little too early from his nap and was a little sensitive while I was trying to feed the kids their snack of smoothie pops. He was having a hard time eating it as an actual pop and got a little frustrated and upset. I tried cutting it up into chunks in a bowl but he was still struggling. I was trying real hard to be patient and figure out what he wanted so I could help him. Everything I tried to offer was met with a whiny "no!" and more tears. Eventually, since I was obviously not getting it, he decided I wasn't worth his time, crossed his arms and turned his back on him. Little did he know how adorable this actually was. I tried to sneak a picture of him on my phone but he just kept putting his hand up and turning the other way.

Who knew it would make my heart melt to see my child pout?

No comments:

Post a Comment