Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tiny Dancer

I had actually already had the title of this post in my head when, coincidentally, we heard Elton John's Tiny Dancer on the way home from Kaelyn's last ballet class.  She's been taking a ballet class at the rec center for the past five weeks.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little (ok, a lot) disappointed when the teacher told us at the first class we couldn't stay and watch.

We finally got to stay and watch for their last class. It was worth the wait. I was so impressed with how well she did and how much she had learned in just five short classes. And she was a great listener too and followed all her teacher's instructions. Most importantly, I loved seeing the joy on her face while she danced.

Oh, and by the way, when we went to buy her leotard and tuto (a.k.a. lifeguard) I was certain she would pick one of the pink ones. I was taken by surprise when we ended up with a black one. BUT... I think she picked the one she did because it had the poofiest tutu and the most sparkles.

She learned the five positions.



Chasse.




Skipping.



Twirling (her favorite).



Plies.

And leg lifts.

(I was having trouble with the video for those last two, but I'll keep trying to see if I can add them later.)

Looks like we have a little ballerina on our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment