Thursday, May 23, 2013

A day in the life

Yesterday I decided I was going to try to take a picture every hour throughout our day. Just to see what it would look like. Maybe gain some new perspective on what our days are like. It turned out to be a pretty typical day. I don't know if I gleaned any knew knowledge from this process. Maybe if I look back over it over and over I'll have some poetic insights. But not today. So, hope you enjoy our day!

7:30am - Breakfast

Smoothies and Panda Puffs and toast. Please note what Brennan brought to the table: 3 of the 5 paci's he had in bed and his hammer. Kaelyn was studying an animal alphabet card. I believe it was E for elephant.

8:30 am - morning cartoon

Doc McStuffins today

 9:30 am - Entertaining themselves while I get ready to go

There was a fight over the butterfly net. I guess Brennan won. He also found his paci again.


10:30 am - Running errands


11:30 am - Whoops! Forgot to take a picture. I was too caught up getting lunch ready when we got back from errands.

12:30pm - Playtime!

Chase and Ring-around-the-Rosie. I think this was "we all fall down."



1:30pm - Reading books before nap

Sorry Brennan! You have a blurry face.



2:30pm - Nap and quiet time

Kaelyn painting quietly.



3:30pm - Still nap time

Kaelyn moved on to a workbook. Not sure this is the most ergonomic way to sit while working...


4:30pm - Bike ride!


5:30pm - Dinner

Beans and rice tonight. They pretty much just ate the rice. And only because I melted some cheese on it. Kaelyn may have tried to eat one of her beans. (You can see I was being lazy since Matt wasn't home. I didn't even bother clearing the coloring stuff or sunscreen bottle off the table.)


6:30pm - Play time

More chase in the backyard



7:30pm - Getting ready for bed

I was surprised Brennan was smiling here. He was actually pouting because he also wanted to use the lion towel (which is Kaelyn's) and refused to get out of the tub. He finally got out after she was done with the towel. Kaelyn was upset that he used the same towel as her because she got it dirty. I just wanted to get them both in pajamas.

8:30pm - Mama time! (Matt was out of town for work)

This is what the rest of my night looked like. Wine. Chocolate. Laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment