Saturday, November 8, 2014

Saying good-bye

How do you say good-bye to your best friend? To someone who's been by your side for seven years? Always happy to see you. Always there when you need him. The sweetest soul you've ever known.



Yesterday we had to say good-bye to Rudy. During the last month I've had so many emotions and thoughts over losing him but I'm not sure I can eloquently convey them now.  It's so hard to imagine our home, our family, without him. Yesterday morning I looked at his medicine bottle and tears sprang to my eyes. Later looking at his food dish brought on heaving sobs.

Telling the kids was torture. I don't think Brennan completely understands. He went from sobbing (I think mostly because he saw Kaelyn crying) to joking around and talking about getting the brown and white dog we saw at the park. Kaelyn cried a lot and was confused why he was going to have to go to Heaven when he's only seven. She wants another dog, too. She was finally comforted knowing that he would be happier in Heaven and would be able to run around and play again. She also wants to bring his picture to school to share with her class.

Baby Rudy

Chasing golf balls

Exhausted at his first ND game

Sleepy boy

You will be greatly missed little buddy. I'm so sorry for all the times you wanted to play and I thought I was too busy. You deserved better. You deserve the best. You will always be in our hearts.

Have fun chasing bubbles up there in Heaven, Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment