Thursday, December 11, 2014

Fall Photo Dump

In all the crazy, busy-ness that is our usual Fall combined with moving and vacation, I feel like I missed posting on some fun happenings. So I'm just gonna go ahead and cram them all in this one post of mostly pictures and brief (hopefully) explanations.

Soccer. Kaelyn really enjoyed playing soccer again this fall. Especially since she got to be on the same team as one of her best buds, Maddie. While she may not have been the star player (sorry sweetie) she had a blast and made some improvements on her skills.


Brennan also enjoyed going to her practices and running around and getting dirty on the baseball field behind us. He even made a new friend, Lily, Maddie's little sister. I think the word girlfriend may have been used. You can see how seriously Kaelyn and her friend are about soccer as they're examining a piece of grass.

Maya was able to get away for a couple days and visit for a long weekend. We finally made it down to the Robert Frost Farm (on their last day open for the season) to explore. Since Kaelyn has such a love for reading and wants to be an author some day I thought Robert Frost, having been a New Hampshire resident, could be an inspiration for her. Plus, I really like his poems. We didn't do the tour in the house because we weren't sure Bren could handle it so close to nap time. But we did do the poetic nature walk around the grounds and had a picnic. Fall is a beautiful time to visit the farm.


We also picked out pumpkins and ate one of the best apple cider donuts in the state. Brennan picked a monster. They were priced by pound and it was probably the most expensive pumpkin I've ever bought. I think he wanted to take the tractor home, too.


And of course, Halloween festivities. I briefly considered making costumes again this year. I even had a plan in my head for a really cute Elsa and pirate costume. But then these were on sale and I remembered we were moving the day before Halloween. I did, however, make the Elsa crown and pirate eye patch. Because Brennan couldn't be a pirate without an eye patch (I actually had to make two since he lost the first one) and what's a queen without her crown?

This was at Halloween Howl downtown. They close off part of Main Street for kids to trick-or-treat at the businesses and enjoy other activities like hay rides and a costume parade (we skipped both this year). I think it's a fun tradition and it's nice to get a second use out of the costumes.

Since Halloween was our first full day in the new house we kinda ran out of time to carve a pumpkin. But we did squeeze in painting one for the teal pumpkin project just about an hour before trick-or-treating started.


And here they are, trick-or-treating in the new neighborhood. That was supposed to be Brennan's tough pirate face in case you're wondering. He wasn't actually sad.


I know Fall isn't technically over yet, but since there's snow on the ground and Christmas decorations up we'll just have to wrap up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment