Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Funny Valentine's

I love my kids. Obviously. And I love being home with them. (Most of the time.) One of the things I love most about having two kids is seeing their love for each other. It was obvious even when Brennan was a little baby just starting to notice his world that he was fascinated by his big sister.  He would almost always smile or laugh when she looked at him and especially when she talked to him.  And she has been enamored with him from day one.  Granted, there have been moments of jealousy and times she gets frustrated with him for touching her things.  But she truly loves him.  And she says so often.  Usually in a voice that makes me think of an old lady pinching a little kid's cheek and saying, "Well aren't you just the cutest little thing?"  And now that Brennan is bigger and crawling and walking around, it brings such joy to my heart to sit back and watch them interact or just listen to them play in the other room. I must admit some of that joy is because it means I can get a couple of minutes to myself to finish the dishes or check my email.  But I love when I can just sit quietly and take it in with a smile.  (I need to ingrain the images and sound of it in my memory for the days when sibling rivalry truly rears it's ugly head.)  I mean, really, what more could a mom ask for than to be able to hear her kids laughing together and see them hugging with big smiles on their faces? What a great gift for Valentine's Day. And every day.

Much to his father's chagrin, I think B might like the Princess tent even more than his sister.


Crazy hair.

A truly cheesy smile and a very serious, but sweet face.

Being goofy.

And I suppose I should also mention the beautiful flowers someone got me for Valentine's Day.  They literally just came to the door five minutes ago.  Thank you, Baby!  I love you too!


No comments:

Post a Comment