Thursday, February 2, 2012

A budding Picasso

Kaelyn had her first ever Art Show at school last week.  I was super impressed with her tiny, little school for having the idea in the first place.  I so did not expect anything like this.  And I was also very impressed with the way it all came together.  They were smart enough to have three different time slots for the three different classes so it didn't get too crowded.  It was actually a very enjoyable evening and I was so excited to see all the art projects Kaelyn has been working on at school.

Kaelyn in front of her class hand print rainbow

Kaelyn adding her touch to the whole-class art project they set up and made during the show

Straw art: they blew on the paint through a straw to make these pictures

Potato stamp art

Multi-media self portrait. I think she totally captured her personality with the feathers here.

Another art project they had set up to do while we were there: marble painting.  I thought this was such a neat project we may have to try it again at home sometime.

They also had a dress-up photo booth station. Not that Kaelyn needed to dress up anymore than she was but she added a pink boa, a mardi gras mask and a magic wand to her ensemble.  I wore a mardi gras mask and B wore a pirate hat.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of it on my camera but hopefully the school will send me a copy of the one they took.  I'm sure we were quite the sight!  It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad that her school places such value on art.  And all the teachers were commenting all night on how Kaelyn is such a fashionista.  So maybe we actually have a budding Vera Wang on our hands.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad she had fun creating and you had fun looking at her art work. I remember many of these same projects from my years teaching preschool and first grade. I also remember our refrigerator being covered with art projects for years. Now it's just coupons and a few photos. Hope you are able to unleash the Vera Wang in her!

    ReplyDelete