Friday, January 20, 2012

First Steps

Life as we know it is over. Brennan took his first steps two nights ago.  Don't get me wrong I was very proud of him and shrieking with excitement when he did it.  But at the same time it makes me sad (my baby boy is getting so big) and terrified (as if he didn't get into enough trouble just crawling).

Trying to put on Kaelyn's shoes.  Guess he thought sparkly princess shoes would help him walk better.
So here's how it went down.  After dinner I took him into the living room so Matt could do the dishes without a little helper (have I ever mentioned how lucky I am to have such a great husband?).  I stood him in the middle of the room.  He actually stayed standing for a bit instead of immediately sitting down.  So I grabbed a maraca, which he loves, and stood in a couple feet in front of him shaking it.


One step.
"Ah! Go Brennan!"
Two steps.
"Keep going baby!"
Three steps.
"He's walking!"
And down.

Ok, so I don't remember if those were my exact words. But you get the picture.

So big!

He took two more steps again last night.  He's not exactly off and running yet, but it won't be long.

God help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment