Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Party Rocking

Party rocking. A.k.a. dance party. A.k.a B bouncing up and down and/or swaying his hips and K spinning and twirling.  A.k.a. mom and dad making fools of themselves.  Ok, maybe just mom.  Dad actually looks pretty good dancing.  I, on the other hand, seem to have lost my rhythm. Or maybe I never had any.  Either way, I dance like a white girl and before long Matt will be embarrassed to dance with me in public because I’ll be “mom-dancing.”  But that’s beside the point.  Dance parties have become popular in our house lately.  B seems to love any sort of music and will start bouncing or swaying immediately, even if it’s just Dada pounding a beat on the table.  It's especially funny when he's sitting in his highchair and the whole thing sways with him.  And Kaelyn loves to spin like a little girly-girl.  Especially in her twirly dresses or princess dress-up clothes.  And especially in her princess high heels.  So, every once in a while we turn on some music and have a little dance party.

Last week our dance parties got a new name.  Party Rocking.  Dubbed by Kaelyn.  “Party Rock” by LMFAO is one of our favorite dance party songs ever since Kaelyn learned (most) of the words last fall, thanks to her hip and cool father and aunt.  I probably wouldn’t know who LMFAO is if it weren’t for my three-year old daughter. In my defense, I usually only listen to music in the cars these days.  And if I don’t have a request for the Tangled soundtrack or Princess CD I usually keep it on WTTS, which does include some current music but not as much as the hit pop stations.  I can’t stand listening to the same 3 songs over and over on the other stations. So she definitely didn’t learn it from me.  So, anyway, one day last week the kids seemed a little bored.  I turned on the "Today's Hits"  music channel on the tv in an attempt to get up to date on what the kids are listening to these days.  (My kids are going to think I’m such a dork when they are teenagers.)  And we had a dance party.  After we had been dancing for awhile Kaelyn announced that she was “done party rocking.”  A few minutes later she decided she wanted to “party rock again.”  So, henceforth, dance parties in our house will be known as “Party Rocking.”

I put together these party rocking clips really quick so you could get an idea if you haven't seen them dancing in person.  This video could have gone on much longer but I tried to keep it brief.  And a few of you should be thanking me for deleting some incriminating scenes.





No comments:

Post a Comment