Thursday, August 30, 2012

Monkeying around

We've known for quite a while now that Brennan is a monkey. Sometimes I seriously think he'd be right at home in the jungle. I think we call him "Monkey" at least a dozen times a day. And a couple days ago he proved this true even more.



I was cleaning up in the kitchen and the kids had gone off to play in the living room. Then, coming from his room, I heard a whining and shrieking a little like he does when he's frustrated. Usually if he can't get something to open or work the way he wants. So I didn't rush in. After another minute or two it was a full-blown cry. So I decided to go help him. But when I went in his room I didn't see him. Of course that would be because I was looking at knee-level, where an 18-month old would normally be found. I turned to see if he had gotten behind the gliding chair when I saw him. And he was taller than me. Because he was standing on his changing table. Yep. Of course. Why didn't I look there to begin with?

I'm just thankful he didn't try to get down by himself.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Mr B! What is your mamma going to do with you?! Next he will be climbing out of the crib. I guess you have to start to think like a monkey and try to outsmart him...good luck! So a jungle gym for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete